As we get ready to ring in a New Year, there are many things that I have to thankful for in the past year.
- My wonderful family both blood and chosen. They have been my rock in so many ways.
- My wonderful friends that I have met and reconnected with over the past year.
- Taking a trip of a lifetime in April to the Grand Canyon and Whitewater Rafting down the Colorado River and then hiking out the Bright Angel Trail.
- Maintaining my weight loss for the past year, give and take 10 lbs.
- Seeing my son adjust to his mother’s crazy ideals and moving away from what he knew and his friends to a bigger school.
- Doing my one and only Tri in August and then doing my first ever half marathon in a little over 3 hours.
- Working towards my degree in Nursing and hoping to move towards my Masters degree.
- So many more things.
Goals for 2018
- To maintain my weight better and to find my groove in cooking healthy meals for both of us to eat.
- Focus on my last 2 classes for my BSN.
- Start back training in a fun and healthy manner.
- Have fun this summer with races and spending time with my son and friends.
- Going to focus on swimming and riding this winter.
- Learn to be in aero on the bike and once weather is better getting out and riding in aero.
- More open water swims
These are just a few short goals that I want to work towards for 2018.
I am off to a good start.. slow but made my goal of 30 minutes. Need to work on speed and endurance.
Have a wonderful and safe New Year!